Marrakech is a fantastic travel destination suitable for all types of travelers. Since the first steps into Marrakech you are taken to another world, to another type of travel. You will be amazed by Marrakech effervescent atmosphere with exotic smells and sounds.
Marrakech is surrounded by desert mountains from the north and with snowy mountains to the south, separating the city and the southern part of Morocco where you can head to Sahara Desert and the marvelous southern casbahs and oases.
Going to Marrakech and experiencing a true authentic city makes you not forgetting about this incredible city. While you visit Marrakech you can’t miss to spend a large part of the day exploring the immense and endless souks. Adventure yourself to the craziness of Jemaa el-Fnaa UNESCO World Heritage listed square, the heart of the city.
Marrakech most famous monuments are: Koutoubia Mosque, Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, Marrakech Ramparts, Gate of the Gnaoua, Majorelle Garden, La Menara Gardens, Agdal Garden, Saadian Tombs and Madrassa Ben Youssef.
Marrakech is the 3rd Moroccan city, and, throughout time it has been developing itself on a interesting mix of medieval featured found inside the old Medina, but also cosmopolite like in Marrakech most modern districts of Gueliz and Hivernage. Marrakech old Medina is full of monuments, palaces and museums.
Morocco Public holidays are:
- Muharram 1 Muslim New Year Fatih Muharram
- Rabi’ al-awwal 12 Birth of the prophet Muhammad Eid Al Mawled
- Shawwaaiil 1 Eid ul-Fitr Eid Sghir
- Dhu al-Hijjah 10 Eid ul-Adha Eid Kbir
- January 1 New Year’s Day Ras l’âm
- January 11 Proclamation of Independence Takdim watikat al-istiqlal
- May 1 Labour day Yaûm Al-Âmal
- July 30 Enthronement Eid Al-Ârch
- August 14 Oued Ed-Dahab Day Zikra Oued Ed-Dahab
- August 20 Revolution of the King and the People Thawrat al malik wa shâab
- August 21 Youth Day Eid Al Milad Birthday of King Mohammed VI
- November 6 Green March Eid Al Massira Al Khadra
- November 18 Independence Day Eid Al Istiqulal Morocco’s National day